Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Kirsten's dog Caro

  1. #1
    Janie3082
    Guest Janie3082's Avatar

    Post

    I was just wondering (and worrying some more) about Kirsten's collection today and wondering why AG never made her little dog Caro for one of her pets. Wouldn't he be so cute!! I think that the cats are actually only in her birthday book, but Caro is also in the short stories too. Just a thought, and he would be adorable!! [img]smile.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner moderator's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 20th, 1999
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I agree 100%! I made a couple of Caro dogs for a friend and my Kirsten collections. There's a photo of one of them here:
    http://www.angelfire.com/mi/FAST/molly.html
    Unfortunately, the photo is head on, so it's not the best view of the doggy. The pattern I used was from Morrissey Dolls, http://www.morrisseydolls.com , from the Dorothy and Toto pattern.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member cami713's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    1,375
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    If memory serves (it's been awhile since I've read some of the girls' books), Kirsten is the only girl who had cats. I think this was why they didn't give her the dog. It seems that, at least at the beginning, they were pretty up with giving the girls different animals.

    Kaya- dog, horses
    Felicity- lamb, horses
    Josefina- goat
    Kirsten- cats
    Addy- bird
    Samantha- had that teddy bear, and no pet forever, until finally last year they released Jip, another dog
    Kit- dog
    Molly- dog

    I deffinitly think they need a few more cats, especially since Kirstens are ugly, and so is Marisol's. I'm sure it's hard to make a cat that small actually cute, but I want one so much!

    I would hope that when they give Kirsten the movie/friend treatment, they make the dog, as well. Samantha and Felicity have both gotten a new pet with their movies, so it's very possible. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member AGTeacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,197
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Didn't Caro belong to her brother?? I know that Kirsten had the small Kitten as she saved it's life.

    But more AG dogs are nota bad idea... [img]smile.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Skittl1321's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 26th, 2005
    Posts
    1,310
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think the pet Pleasant Company gave to the dolls was always based upon what they had in their Birthday book.

    Think about Felicity, only recently did she get Penny. And Posie was only mentioned for a short time in one book.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member dornroeschen's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    1,053
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yes Ria, Caro was actually Peter's dog.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member chrysa1is's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2005
    Posts
    156
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by cami713:
    I deffinitly think they need a few more cats, especially since Kirstens are ugly, and so is Marisol's. I'm sure it's hard to make a cat that small actually cute, but I want one so much!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Looking at those Faith dolls catalog someone posted, I found this cutie. Reminds me of a tiger stripped kitten I once had.

    jam

  8. #8
    Inactive Member robin0850's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2005
    Posts
    1,270
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think Marisol's cat is cute; he looks a lot my cat, who is a Ragdoll named Bandit. (Just my personal bias, I guess [img]smile.gif[/img] )

  9. #9
    HB Forum Owner moderator's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 20th, 1999
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I always thought of Caro as more of a family pet, as dogs would have been back then. I don't think he's ever mentioned as being the pet of a specific person, but I could definitely be wrong. Skittl is right . . . the pets/teddy bear were tie-ins with their birthday stories. But I still think Caro would make a great pet for Kirsten, and they could still improve upon Kirsten's cat and kitten. I remember when I was younger a friend of mine got some of the pets . . . back when they were made from REAL fur spread over a hard material. Ew. [img]graemlins/gulp.gif[/img] So at least improvements have been made! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

    Marmalade is so cute, but looks like a Beanie Baby to me (more of a stuffed animal than a real one). I think it must be really difficult to make stuffed animals that don't look like stuffed animals! [img]wink.gif[/img]

    Even the My Twinn ones, which are supposed to look very lifelike, still look like stuffed animals to me. To this day I've only had one stuffed animal that passed the "reality" test. I got him for my 16th birthday from a Hallmark realistic dogs collection that appears to no longer be around. We keep him by our front door, and he often gets petted or talked to by guests who are very surprised that he doesn't move or respond!

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ September 16, 2005 12:08 PM: Message edited by: Melissa ]</font>

  10. #10
    Inactive Member dornroeschen's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    1,053
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It is mentioned in "Kirsten saves the day" when Peter wants to bring his dog along to catch fish and Kirsten isn't too happy about it. I would type out the paragraph, but the Kirsten books are at my niece's - as it's her doll and I gave her all the books to have them with her doll.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •